Being into Ayurveda medicine, I always heard about the amazing benefits of Jaggery. But never had access to it. I always been curious and dreamt about creating recipes with it. And finally, that time arrived. Not only it is delicious to eat small bites of it, has it makes desserts even better.
Another reason that makes me using it, is because it is a local product, and in an Era of sustainability is the key to a better future.
How Jaggery is made
Also known as unrefined sugar, it is prepared by boiling sugar cane juice, which is prepared without the separation of molasses and crystals, until it solidifies and then put into blocks.
Where we use it
Jaggery is present, in most desserts of our fall/winter menu, as it is considered by Ayurvedic medicine to be a seasonal ingredient, and the best sweet to use during these cold days, due to his warm properties, will help you to fight the flu. Apart from this, there are much more benefits, let’s have a look:
-it is rich in vitamins and minerals
– boosts immunity
– keeps the body warm, and controls the temperature of the body
– prevents constipation: a little bit of Jaggery after lunch could kick digestion
– detoxes the liver: Jaggery is a natural body cleanse, flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
-Blood purifier: consumed on a regular basis and in small quantities, it cleanses the blood, leaving your body healthy.
-is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, preventing free-radical damage and also boost immunity
>- increase the total count of hemoglobin in the blood.
– cleans the respiratory tract, lungs, intestines, stomach, and food accumulation.
– highly recommended for people working in heavily polluted areas
– provides relief from menstrual cramps, and swing moods due to PMS. Since it leads to the release of endorphins. These endorphins relax your body, thereby preventing premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
– is rich in iron and folate which help prevent anemia by ensuring that a normal level of red blood cells is maintained. Perfect for pregnant women. It ensures that a normal level of red blood cells is maintained.
– controls blood pressure
– prevents respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, and others.
– eat it with a piece of ginger to alleviate joint pain
– weight loss: “Jaggery is surprisingly effective as an aid for weight loss. This is because Jaggery is a rich source of potassium, which is a mineral that helps in the balance of electrolytes as well as building muscles and boosting metabolism. Potassium also helps in the reduction of water retention, which helps in managing your weight
– Jaggery is a complex carbohydrate that gives energy to the body gradually and for a longer time. This means that the levels of blood sugar do not get raised immediately. It also helps prevent fatigue and weakness of the body.
If you are traveling in India don’t forget to take this souvenir back home!!